selinux and crontab one-more-time

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 22:28:28 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 4/15/09, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: selinux and crontab one-more-time
> To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com
> Cc: fedora-selinux-list at redhat.com
> Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 6:09 AM
> On 04/15/2009 08:38 AM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> >> I tried everything you described and it worked
> fine.  THe
> >> unconfined_t:unix_stream_socket is coming from the
> leaked
> >> file
> >> descriptor in Konsole, I believe.
> >
> > It is working, but on the other machine I can't
> edit crontab.  Only on this one.  But why do I see this
> message?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Antonio
> >

> > --
> Is the other machine fully upgraded to the latest policy?
> Make sure the
> policy installed successfully.
>
> yum reinstall selinux-policy-targeted
>
> The message is caused by leaks in file descriptors within
> Konsole.

[olivares at riohigh ~]$ whoami
olivares
[olivares at riohigh ~]$ crontab -l
cron/olivares: Permission denied
[olivares at riohigh ~]$ crontab -e
cron/olivares: Permission denied
[olivares at riohigh ~]$ dmesg | grep 'avc'
[olivares at riohigh ~]$ rpm -qa selinux-policy-targeted
selinux-policy-targeted-3.6.12-4.fc11.noarch

Doing the steps you outlined.

[root at riohigh ~]# yum reinstall selinux-policy-targeted
Setting up Reinstall Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 0:3.6.12-4.fc11 set to be erased
---> Package selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 0:3.6.12-4.fc11 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

 Package                     Arch       Version             Repository     Size
Installing:
 selinux-policy-targeted     noarch     3.6.12-4.fc11       rawhide       2.1 M
Removing:
 selinux-policy-targeted     noarch     3.6.12-4.fc11       installed     2.3 M

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       1 Package(s)

Total download size: 2.1 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
selinux-policy-targeted-3.6.12-4.fc11.noarch.rpm         | 2.1 MB     00:02
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Erasing        : selinux-policy-targeted                                  1/2
  Installing     : selinux-policy-targeted                                  1/2

Removed:
  selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 0:3.6.12-4.fc11

Installed:
  selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 0:3.6.12-4.fc11

Complete!

makes no difference :(, Can't modify my crontab to change certain things.

[olivares at riohigh ~]$ crontab -l
cron/olivares: Permission denied
[olivares at riohigh ~]$ crontab -e
cron/olivares: Permission denied