compiz configuration and documentation

Gireesh Sreekantan sgireeshmail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:47:02 UTC 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 10:36:21 Per Bothner wrote:
> First, http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/CCSM talks
> about configuration, but I don't see where to start that up.
> Instead, there is just the bare-bones "Desktop Effects" tool.

You can also try to use gconf-editor. Compiz settings are under
gconf-editor --> apps --> compiz.

The desktop-effects utility in Fedora was developed at a time when compiz was
unstable as hell and people had to edit a zillion files to get compiz to work.
(during F7 IIRC). The idea behind desktop effects utility was only to provide
an easy way to enable compiz with a sane set of defaults.

There used to be a ccsm-simple tool which simplified most of the options in
ccsm but I can't find that in the repositories.

--Gireesh Sreekantan