Re: named.conf & dnssec overthink?

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:28:30 +0000
Tom Horsley wrote:

> What makes the dnssec cryptic gibberish so special that it needs
> its own separate tool to modify your config files behind your back?

I did finally decode the /etc/init.d/named script to find the
magic handshake: If I make sure I touch /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf
so it looks newer than /etc/sysconfig/dnssec, then the
script will leave my config files alone.

Finally got named running OK in feodra 11.

Hey! While I'm trying to uncover things man was not meant to know
about bind, does anyone have any idea why all the packaged names
are called "bind"-something, but all the config files and programs
are called "named"-something :-).