how to install adobe flashplayer in fedora 10 86_64

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 18 02:55:15 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 4/17/09, Nathan Huang <nathan.vorbei.tech at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Nathan Huang <nathan.vorbei.tech at gmail.com>
> Subject: how to install adobe flashplayer in fedora 10 86_64
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Friday, April 17, 2009, 7:48 PM
> Hi guys
> I met a serious problem with installing adobe flashplayer
> in 86_64 fedora 10. I find adobe company just provide the
> flashplayer for i386. is there some flashplayer can be
> supported by 86_64?
> thanks in advance
> nathan
>
> -- fedora-list mailing list

Nathan,

Mike summed it up very nicely

<quote>
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/libflashplayer-10.0.22.87.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz

You don't have to install or remove anything at all except the above
package.

1 - Just download it from above (as that should be the most updated one,
and yes it's beta, not official release yet).

2 - untar the package above from the location it's in.

3 - copy the extracted .so file to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ dir.

4 - Start firefox and your all set.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org
</quote>

He was replying to the thread:

http://www.nabble.com/what-*is*-the-proper-recipe-for-64-bit-flash-support--to22850009.html#a22852706