Grub trouble testing Fedora 11 snapshot 1 using liveusb-creator

Kåre Fiedler Christiansen fedora at kaarefc.dk
Sun Apr 19 10:53:20 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I downloaded the Fedora 11 snapshot 1 torrent, and checked the
checksum to be okay. Then I put it on a USB stick using
liveusb-creator.

However, when I boot from the USB-stick, all I get is a uniform white screen.

If I press enter on the white screen, I get a dialog that says "Enter
password", I think it looks like what I get from grub if I password
protect an entry.

If I press <tab>, I briefly see the grub menu scroll past.

Has anyone seen a similar issue, or have any suggestions as to what I
can try to get Fedora 11 to boot?

My computer is a Dell Latitude D830 - here's my smolt profile if it's any help:
http://www.smolts.org/show?uuid=pub_46ea8b10-2945-4589-95e1-282b8c2f165d+

Thanky you for any help or suggestions.

Best,
  Kåre