PXE question

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 20 01:06:43 UTC 2009

Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Arne Chr. Jorgensen <achrisjo at yahoo.com> said:
>> I would like to set up some PXE server myself, as I have some hardware
>> were I have no other option. ( Panasonic CF-18 )
>
> There's no special software needed (i.e. there is no "PXE server"

There is, actually, and RHL used to include it. However, since dhcpd3,
DHCP has been able to handle PXE configuration traffic, and the included
tftpd package serves the needed files.

That said, I do recall one of my HP desktops insisted on sending traffic
to port 4011. I don't recall the resolution, but it was _not_ install
pxe-server.

--

Cheers
John