2009-04-21 - Fedora Test Day - Minimal platform

Ondrej Hudlicky ohudlick at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 21:04:11 UTC 2009

Gireesh Sreekantan wrote, On 04/21/2009 01:06 PM:
> On Tuesday 21 April 2009 02:33:48 James Laska wrote:
>> Come join #fedora-qa this Tuesday, April 21 2009 to help put an end to
>> deps creep.  Test cases and a Fedora live image will be available to aid
>> testing. Stay tuned for more details are available at
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-04-21_Minimal_Platform.
>
> Is it possible to use a netinstall CD/DVD to install only the
> Minimal_Platform? The test page doesn't mention anything about this but the
> Features page seems to imply this.
>
> If this is possible, I would be very much interested in testing it out :-)

Hi,
currently there is option for minimal install only in anaconda text
mode. As for grafic mode you have to deselect all optional packages.
This is IMO unpleasant limitation which should be fixed sooner or later.
Another way to go now is to use kickstart file install (example is
linked from MinimalPlatform feature page).

--
Ondrej