a draft-bugzilla-entry proposal ?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 14:44:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 00:45 -0700, Arne Chr. Jorgensen wrote:
> hi,
>
> Notice some discussion on *Priority / Severity* fields, etc.
>
> Perhaps I am the odd-man-out, some clear moments, but also
> foggy ones. And I do stupid things.
>
> Example: - try to file some bug with a non-cooperative computer.
>
> ( It took me a couple of hours to just get past the scrolling
> area. )
>
> What if ??
>
> - the very first package had a name "A_Draft" with some info.
>
> - those entries get washed-out in some days, perhaps.
>
> - you can relax and if you never have reported before, then
> *big-Red-Hat* will not come and "zap" you.
>
> - you receive some notification, maybe with some helpful
> guide-lines, and you can return and edit it.
>
> - a 13 year old may have found some odd key-combination that
> only those would notice.
>
> - no need to add up the numbers as outstanding bugs. Simply
> a scratch pad area.

We've actually had a similar proposal (000_Unknown_Component) bouncing
around for a few weeks now, but haven't had a final decision on it. I
like your refinements to the idea in theory, but I'm not sure they can
be made to work in practice - Bugzilla doesn't necessarily have the
capacity to do all those things.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey