Test Day live image creation

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 14:58:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 22:16 -0500, Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Christopher Beland <beland at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 09:53 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> >> The current draft is available at
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/Live_Image.  Any input is
> >> appreciated.
> >
> > You might wish to include USB stick instructions, in addition to CD, for
> > participants that might not have or might not wish to expend disposable
> > media.
>
> +1
> I have only contributed meaningfully to one Test Day, but normal geek
> life already puts too many cd/dvd media on my desk. They do not, by
> any stretch, make good coasters.

We get a lot of complaints about the F10 syslinux issue so by that
measure a lot of people already know how to do the USB thang and are
doing it for Test Days, but good point :) I'll try and remember to add
this for the next Test Day with a live image.

> Also, and I'm not sure how to explain this, can the "template"
> instructions be more. um. flexible?
> Maybe "generic" is a better term. My only recent Test Day was with
> "radeon", so I think maybe there is a
> aspect to this...?

I'm really not all sure what you mean here, could you try explaining
from a different angle?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey