DNS issues

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:15:28 UTC 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 09:10:58 Christopher Beland wrote:
> I'll throw out some ideas, though others may have more experience with
> this code.  Anne, I'm not sure you are experiencing the same problem, if
> a reboot fixes it for you but not for Richard.  Are your other symptoms
> similar?

I haven't kept records, and my memory is notoriously unreliable.  Certainly I
can confirm that firefox continues to work correctly on the Mandriva laptop at
the time that I see the problem, so it's not a straight networking or dns
problem.  I'm unsure of the implications of ipv6 in that up to now I've been
disabling it.

In F10, for the first time, I set resolve.conf to use the router to pick up
the dns servers from my isp.  When the problem recurred yesterday I added IP
addresses for the ISP's nameservers.  Of course I'm now waiting to see whether
it still happens.

Anne