any thoughts on why firefox is still nad-grindingly slow?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:42:17 UTC 2009

> i can't be the only person seeing this, and i can't be the only person
> who's pretty much given up on this dog of a piece of software.
> thoughts?

The usual: try running with no add-ons ("firefox -safe-mode") and check
if it's still crawling. If not, you get to do a binary chop search to
find out which add-on is causing the problem.

BTW, I'm not seeing this problem (FF 3.0.9, x86_64).

You could also try the FF 3.1b3 download directly from Mozilla. It works
very well here but is only 32-bit for the moment so I'm not using it.

poc