any thoughts on why firefox is still nad-grindingly slow?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Apr 24 18:39:58 UTC 2009

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   seriously, firefox is still entirely unusable.  i've added the
> noscript plugin to filter out junk and yet, even scrolling on a web
> page is painful.
>
>   with seamonkey, scrolling is
>
>   *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* ...
>
> with firefox, it's
>
>   *scroll*  wait wait wait *scroll* wait wait wait *scroll* ...
>
> i can't be the only person seeing this, and i can't be the only person
> who's pretty much given up on this dog of a piece of software.
> thoughts?
>
> rday
> --

I will say that even with +130 tabs open on my old over loaded machine,
FF works well.  Much better with NoScript thought.  I say over loaded
because the loads are usually in the 1.7 to 2.5 range.

I suspect that you have a configuration file corruption issue.

Try creating a new account and see how it works.

Try running FF from the command line and see if there are any messages.
--
Robin Laing