any thoughts on why firefox is still nad-grindingly slow?

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 25 02:32:50 UTC 2009

I'm using Firefox 3.1B3 on Fedora 11, x86_64 and love it. I travel quite
a lot and bring my Fedora 11 laptop with me everywhere and so far I've
not had a single Firefox issue regardless of where I connect to the net.
My only problem (and perhaps I'm not doing something right) is that I
can't get Flash to work on x86_64 and this is more and more of a thorn
in my side as my friends ask me to look at this or that posting on YouTube.

Thunderbird on x86_64 is a little more quirky when composing HTML
emails, but it is still handling my 2+ Gb of mail folders like a champ.

Bob