any thoughts on why firefox is still nad-grindingly slow?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sat Apr 25 09:49:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 22:32 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> I'm using Firefox 3.1B3 on Fedora 11, x86_64 and love it. I travel quite
> a lot and bring my Fedora 11 laptop with me everywhere and so far I've
> not had a single Firefox issue regardless of where I connect to the net.
> My only problem (and perhaps I'm not doing something right) is that I
> can't get Flash to work on x86_64 and this is more and more of a thorn
> in my side as my friends ask me to look at this or that posting on YouTube.

For 64bit flash (it's still beta but works pretty good)..

1 - http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
2- Scroll to the very bottom and look for the link with "Download 64-bit
Plugin for Linux" and click on it to download the .so
3 - untar it, and copy the libflash.so (not sure of correct name) to
your /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ dir.
4- Start firefox and should be all set.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org