rawhide report: 20090425 changes

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:34:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 14:46:50 +0000 (UTC) rawhide fedoraproject org wrote:
> gnome-power-manager-2.26.1-2.fc11
> ---------------------------------
> * Thu Apr 23 2009 Richard Hughes  <rhughes redhat com> - 2.26.1-2
> - Backport a patch from upstream that was missed for 2.26.1 that fixes
>   the DPMS timeout slider in gnome-power-preferences.
>
> * Tue Apr 21 2009 Richard Hughes  <rhughes redhat com> - 2.26.1-1
> - Update to 2.26.1
> - Fix the low capacity warning to fix rh#489832
> - Backport DPMS and IDLETIME fixes from master to fix multiple bugs
> - Connect to gnome-session and exit on logout
> - Remove upstreamed patches

Using Dell laptop XPS with f11 beta since 4 weeks ago and it seems the
power manager was always ok.
Tipically life of my batter is about 2 hours at the moment (battery
has one year of life)

I update every day rawhide (or as soon as available) and at the moment I have:
gnome-power-manager-2.26.0-2.fc11.x86_64
applied on Apr 24 11:20:32, so the problem below could be an effect of
this update.
I powered off the laptop on Friday evening fully charged (with cable connected).
Today I started it with cable disconnected.
I saw a strange icon for battery after about 10 minutes.... in the
sense that it was the icon when you are almost out of charge at all.
So i pointed the mouse and saw the tooltip saying

1h30minutes remaining in term of time (correct), but only 0,4% in term
of percentage......

Just in case I suddenly plug the cable but the shutdown procedure
began and the laptop powered off itself....

the good is that with f10 I was never able to get it ;-)
the bad was that actually the correct measure was the one with the
time (1h30min)...
I report it because it seems that what fixed in changelog is not
exactly related with my case....

Anyone else? Anyway  I'm going to update and see if this is fixed....
Gianluca