any thoughts on why firefox is still nad-grindingly slow?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 16:33:38 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 4/27/09, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> From: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>
> Subject: Re: any thoughts on why firefox is still nad-grindingly slow?
> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Monday, April 27, 2009, 9:16 AM
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Adam Jackson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 05:41 -0400, Robert P. J. Day
> wrote:
> >
> > > i can't be the only person seeing this, and i
> can't be the only person
> > > who's pretty much given up on this dog of a
> piece of software.
> > > thoughts?
> >
> > Never say "I can't be the only person",
> because you can be.
> >
> > Also: sysprof.
>
>   sorry, that was spoken in the heat of the moment.
> i'm getting
> increasingly frustrated because i was having firefox
> performance
> issues right from the get-go, with a fresh install of f11
> beta.  it's
> not as if i'm trying all sorts of esoteric and obscure
> configurations
> -- this was happening before i messed around at all.
>
>   i'll give it some more thought.  sorry for the
> peevishness.
>
> rday
> --

Robert,

I have two or three machines (x86_64) have some problems with firefox.  On some of them it froze the machine and nothing but a hard reboot got them back (ATI integrated graphics, I to complained too, check the list as well).  On those mchines, I use either konqueror or Opera to avoid the freezes and all is well.  On the regular i686/i586 firefox works well.  The nvidia x86_64 firefox works ok, but I have not run it continously to say how well it works).  I only have gecko-mediaplayer and flash plugins (x86_64 beta).  I was not complaining that it was slow, I complainted because it froze my machines.  You are not the only one that is having problems or has problems with firefox, but we can only do so much.

Regards,

Antonio