thinkpad T41 trackpoint choppiness

Nikolay Vladimirov nikolay at vladimiroff.com
Tue Apr 28 08:50:51 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I have a thinkpad t41 and I updated to rawhide a month ago and since
then I experience cursor choppiness and lag when using the trackpoint.
Sometimes I boot the machine and log into GNOME and it's laggy from
the start other times it's after 1-2 hours of doing stuff. It's pretty
random.
It's not related to any app like firefox or anything. It's also not
and ati driver issue since the trackpad or my bluetooth mouse works
just fine.
Also I don't think it's fedora specific since I also tried Arch and
Ubuntu 9.04. It's also not a hardware issue since it worked just fine
on the XP that came with the machine also this is reproducible on
another T41, but not on newer thinkpads like R500. I'm not sure how
can I debug this or which component is the right to bug report this.

Does anyone experienced something similar?

--
NV