Ext4 FAQ

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Tue Apr 28 16:06:12 UTC 2009

> Hi
>
> I have put up a FAQ at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ext4_in_Fedora_11
>
> I will be expanding this over time. If you have other unanswered
> questions, do let me know.
>
> Rahul

Nice job.

Answered some of my immediate questions, such as whether ext4 happens
without choice during the upgrade from F10 to F11. (A choice of
retaining ext3 is given).

One question though

Under "What about backward/forward compatibility", you say:

"You can however use the Ext4 option to mount any Ext3 partition. Any
new files will use the new format by default."

Should this be "Any new filesystems" rather than "files"? I would think
that an ext4 file within an ext3 filesystem would have problems.