Bugzappers: requests from maintainers for special treatment

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Apr 29 00:08:39 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hi, guys. Just a general issue mail for Bugzappers: I've recently been
> talking to Seth Vidal, who wants special treatment for bugs in
> components he maintains (yum and createrepo): he's happy for them to be
> triaged according to the usual process, but he doesn't want the bugs
> changed from NEW to ASSIGNED.

Does he have a strong reason not to just use ON_DEV as "really
assigned" ;-) ? (That's working well for us in KDE SIG.)

That said, it's unfortunate that we're abusing NEW as UNCONFIRMED and
ASSIGNED as NEW (and have a nonstandard ON_DEV state which is being abused
as ASSIGNED). It would make much more sense to use the standard Bugzilla
terminology. This is also an artefact of sharing the RHEL Bugzilla with its
nonstandard workflow. We end up trying to give meanings to the states
defined by RHEL rather than defining the states we actually need and
keeping close to upstream Bugzilla terminology.

        Kevin Kofler