touchpad tap status in F11 pre-release?

Jason Farrell farrellj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:37:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/4/28 Mike Cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com>:
> > I expect it will be disabled but enabling it is simple enough via
> > System->preferences->mouse - though as you say I would prefer it enabled
> as
> > default.
>
> Is there a KDE equivalent of system->preferences->mouse? I know about
> the command-line synclient command, but that's not persistent across
> logins, and that in theory it should be possible to configure things
> in xorg.conf although none of my efforts in that direction have yet
> succeeded.

afaik only gnome allows you to change the persistent tap2click touchpad
default *post-login*. To re-enable tap2click for KDE, XFCE, other WMs, and
system-wide (including gdm), users are expected to manually copy
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-synaptics.fdi to
/etc/hal/fdi/policy/ as root, and then uncomment (correctly) the TapButton
settings.

(I do wish the tap2click default would stop flipflopping)

--
Jason