Rawhide Hates Nvidia (and Intel too)

I finally got Rawhide to install by removing the
Nvidia 9600GT video card and using an old ATI
PCI video card.

Installation proceeded with the usual invisible
cursor.

The installed system did not prompt for time or
initial user, which had to be added from the root
command line.  I also changed the default run level
to 3.

I reinstalled the Nvidia card.  When Rawhide boots
the monitor claims the input signal is out of range.
Adding nomodeset to the kernel command line has
no effect.

How can I get Rawhide to leave the video card in
a sane mode?

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf omen com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665