Re: Fedora 12 Alpha installation test invitation --Jul 29, 2009

I  did the preupgrade testcase on 2 systems form F11 to Rawhide and
neither went well at all..  On a x86_64 machine with nvidia graphics,
the preupgrade procedure went fine, but after the upgrade, X would not
start.  I tried again on a 32 bit laptop with ati graphics.  The
display was blank during the upgrade.  I just waited for the hard
drive to stop for a few minutes and rebooted with CRTL-ALT-DEL.  After
reboot the screen was again blank.

Is using preupgrade the best way to upgrade a fedora installation?