rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1 is needed by ?????

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Mon Aug 10 13:30:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 05:23:41 -0700 (PDT), Antonio wrote:

> [...]

You've missed the window during which the .fc11 RPM was offered
in rawhide.

Instead, you now get only a newer RPM build for .fc12, which depends on a
newer glibc and xz, which cannot be installed because they require a newer
RPM first. Chicken and egg.

The only way to escape from that is the old work-around mentioned earlier
in this thread. Disable rawhide repo, and update to the .fc11 RPM packages
from updates-testing, 4.7.1-1.fc11.

Sort of:

  yum --disablerepo=rawhide --enablerepo=updates-testing update rpm
  yum update yum
  yum update