Fedora 12: Have Hard Drive, Want To Test

I have this slightly used hard drive which some kind soul (bless you, sir) popped into a rather thinly padded mailer and tossed in the U. S. Postal mail. It arrived today in my mailbox, and no doubt experienced numerous bumps, shoves, crushes, and hard landings between the origin and destination. Assuming the thing actually works correctly when I plug it into a system and switch the power on, I'd like to try out Fedora 12. How do I actually install to the hard drive from rawhide? I don't think I tried that before.

Thanks

Bob