Problems with vte in F-12 post-alpha? (affects gnome-terminal, tilda)

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:40:03 UTC 2009

gnome-terminal is perfectly solid up to the F-12 release, but
something that happens since then appears to be causing a lot of
display garbling (followed, but not immediately, with GnoT crashing).
The same display corruption behavior is exhibited with Tilda too, but
I've not had numerous crashes there, chiefly because I use it to
control a screen session, and at the first sign of corruption, cycling
to a different screen resolves it temporarily.

I'm going to file a bug report, but could someone else verify this?
Try running emacs -nw to edit a text file within GNOME Terminal, and
start scrolling up and down fast.

Thanks,

--
Michel Salim