F12-Alpha-Live does not work

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 21:18:16 UTC 2009

Dear folks,

I downloaded F12-Alpha-x86_64-Live-KDE.iso to test on an EMachines ET1161-05 machine and it fails to work.  I get the login screen, I click enter to get into KDE and I get message:

BoX appears with message:
Could not start ksmserver.  Check your installation.

Okay

I have to select Okay and it cycles me back to login screen :(, I wanted to test live install, but not possible at this time :(

I see line the following lines too :

grep :  ]: no such file or directory
sbin/real-init: line 487: [: missing ']'
transferring control to /sbin/init

I wanted to install Rawhide on this machine and keep up with the testing, but I guess I should try another option?

Regards,

Antonio