selinux error after starting vpn

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 22:53:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 13:45 -0700, David L wrote:
> I don't know much about selinux, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not,
> but I got this error after starting a pptp vpn connection with NetworkManager:
>
> SELinux denied access requested by ip-up. It is not expected that this
> access is required by ip-up and this access may signal an intrusion
> attempt. It is also possible that the specific version or
> configuration of the application is causing it to require additional
> access.

The SELinux stuff now makes it extremely easy to report problems; you
can do it just with one click on a button in sealert. Please do this for
all SELinux alerts you see, rather than filtering through this list
first, we want to get _all_ the reports you see. The SELinux maintainers
are very fast about looking at reports and taking appropriate action.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey