Installing Rawhide

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 20:43:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 15:28 -0500, James Laska wrote:
> I could use some additional clarification on this point.  Daily rawhide
> install images might not have been the ideal/best mechanism for testing
> the installer during pre-alpha, but it was our only mechanism.  Has
> there been any thought as to what mechanism or process will replace the
> use of rawhide install images for providing test feedback to the
> anaconda-devel team?
>
> How do you envision install images being created in the new world of
> NFR?  Who will be handling the image build process, and who decides when
> to build them?

As I stated in my earlier mail, we can use test days or on-demand image
creation when the installer team is ready to get feedback.  rel-eng can
produce images and either place them in that day's rawhide tree, or
store them somewhere else that is accessible.  The main idea here is
that the anaconda team tells us when they are ready for widespread
testing.  Until that time, they have the tools and skills to produce
images locally for whatever development testing they are working on.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!