Installing Rawhide

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 18:01:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 11:01 -0500, James Laska wrote:
> QA requires a bit more clarity on the process by which images will be
> requested and built ... and we'll then need to update the schedule to
> reflect these changes.  I'm not comfortable hand-waving this process
> until later.

Currently the Installer team knows to ask me (email, irc, bat signal) to
produce images when they are ready for test.  Many of that team know how
to produce images on their own for local testing, and thus far I have
only been contacted once, and that was for semi-private testing, not
wide scale testing.

Going forward, I would propose that we use the existing Test Day
framework to schedule and deliver images.  Of course, test day is mostly
geared around live images, but our deliverable would be even smaller,
boot.iso.  Hypothetically we can store this test day image in a path
that can remain live for a period of time, and be a reference for the
latest install images produced.

Obviously there needs to be consensus between the installer team and the
QA team about how this will work out, and I apologize for the arm waving
to date.  John Poelstra created
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_Frozen_Rawhide_Implementation last
night which will help coordinate and document our execution of the
proposal.  A point about coordinating test images prior to branch needs
to be added to the wiki.  I will get to it at some point today unless
somebody gets there first.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!