gupnp-igd dependency failure

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Dec 12 15:57:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 10:46:21AM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> Additionally, when I unchecked the gupnp packages from the PackageKit
> gui and tried the installation again, I got a traceback from
> PackageKit-0.5.4-0.4.20091029git.fc12.x86_64:

Second time I re-tried running the transaction I got a different
PackageKit error:

Transaction error
An unspecified transaction error has occurred.  More information is
available in the detailed report.

More details
could not add package update for
abrt-plugin-runapp-1.0.1-1.fc12(x86_64)updates-testing:
abrt-plugin-runapp-1.0.1-1.fc12.x86_64

This is strange because in the first failed transaction I got asked to
install two additional packages, one of which was abrt-plugin-runapp.

I finally had to use "yum --skip-broken update" which worked, and
skipped just gupnp-igd, not gupnp-* which I had attempted to skip
manually from PackageKit.  When yum started the Transaction Test, I
cancelled it and tried again from PackageKit, unchecking just
gupnp-igd this time.  The result was the same backtrace as the first
run...

Now I'm letting the manual yum update complete and it is going fine.