enchant change (was: Re: rawhide report: 20091211 changes)

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sun Dec 13 16:00:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 15:54 -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
> I thought that at first and contacted Midori upstream and they said it
> was a packaging bug in enchant because the debian enchant package they
> develop against provides the .so

Sounds like there is some library / module confusion here. Is enchant
meant to be linked against (which the placement in libdir seems to
indicate), or is it meant to be dlopened (which including the .so in the
main package seems to imply).

If midori is dlopening the enchant library for false fear of
dependencies, then this clearly is a midori issue. If it wants to play
such games, it needs to look for *.so.<n>