Fedora QA Meeting -- no meeting scheduled

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 15:04:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:42 AM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
>        5. adamw and jlaska to look at setting up f13 test day process
>
>              * Initial ideas posted to
>                https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:QA/Fedora_13_test_days
>              * Includes ...
>                      * Anaconda storage UI changes (SAN changes)
>                      * libcurl/proxy support
>                      * mdadm/dmraid completion
>                      * preupgrade
>                      * Features/SystemPythonExecutablesUseSystemPython
>                        - may impact breaking python applications when
>                        the python3 change happens?
>                      * Rehash of gnome-disk-utility changes
>                      * Features/SSSDByDefault
>                      * Features/NouveauDisplayPort
>                      * Features/RadeonDisplayPort

Just wanted to jump in here and start up a conversation based on this
bit, mainly in respect to the SAN features of Anaconda. While a
welcome change, I don't necessarily know that a large enough portion
of the user base is going to have the necessary hardware to really
test this so I was wondering what would be considered as a sufficient
test of these features by Anaconda standards and if we could offer up
some docs in the wiki for the test day on how to create a "scratch
file" (I've heard it called a multitude of things, but that seems to
be common verbage) such that it can be exported over iSCSI and offer
that functionality. We have a couple FibreChannel SANs here at the
office but I can't promise I can con my boss into letting me use one
of them for Fedora testing ;)

I know hardware is always a concern, but I just think "enterprise
class" storage solutions will be even more rare. Just a thought I
wanted to toss out there for discussion.

<SNIP>

-Adam

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com