Fedora QA Meeting for Feb 4 2009

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 15:16:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 11:31 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Will Woods wrote:
> > At the usual time and place - #fedora-meeting on freenode, 1500UTC (that's 10AM US Eastern).
> >
> So have we moved the meeting time from16:00 back to 15:00?
> > Agenda:
> >
> > - Fedora 11 Alpha
> >   - status
> >   - review of test procedures / results
> > - Wiki use
> >   - Guidelines for naming test plans / test cases
> >
> > - QA team guidelines
> >   - Who gets to vote on decisions? Sponsors?
> >   - How do you get to be a QA team sponsor?
> >   - How do you get to be a QA team member?
> >   - What does being in the QA team require/provide?
> >
> Let's first come up with a QA team made from the community for the community
> before coming up with any guidelines for QA
>
> I want everyone to take a look at http://sqa.net/
> and consider the Fedora QA procedure will be moved in that direction.
>
> The idea is that there will be made QA board consisting of one
> representing from each SIG
>
> That representative task will be over sighting the QA of his SIG and
> this board over sighting the QA of the whole Fedoraproject.

There are good general quality practices and procedures listed at the
URL provide above.  But they also assume a level of resources we don't
yet have.  Over time as we gather more contributors, this could be
something to look into.

I do like the idea of outlining a structure so that specialty QA groups
with similar interests can coalesce and provide service to other Fedora
teams.  Leam Hall has begun pulling some of this together to flesh out a
new "Join Fedora" QA landing page.

Thanks,
James