QA Certification?

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Thu Feb 5 02:17:39 UTC 2009

There are several "QA Person" type certifications available. While
certification by itself doesn't necessarily mean much in terms of skills
it can and does often mean extra in the paycheck. In that light I'd like
to look at existing vendor neutral QA Person type certification programs
and get opinions on which ones actually hold weight and at the same time
could be translated to the Fedora QA community.

For example, if we find that Cert XYZ is the industry standard then we
can spend time going over that cert's material and translating it to
Fedora QA activities. This would allow anyone wanting to mix a cert and
field experience to be able to do so even better with us.

Thoughts?

Leam
  --yeah, I have some certs, why do you ask?  ;)