Re: Introduction: new community guy, and some discussion

Adam Williamson wrote:

As I see it there's two areas for action here: deciding whose
responsibility it is to determine what bugs should be in Fedora BZ and
what bugs should be in upstream (and codifying that somewhere in the
Wiki), and deciding if it's a good idea to have some kind of policy for
'exceptions' where an upstream bug is tracked in Fedora BZ or if it
should just be handled on a case-by-case basis.

What do you guys think?

I think a case by case basis is just confusing. To make it easy on bug reports, there should be a policy to just file it downstream and let triagers and maintainers handle it as necessary. This is how some other distributions like Gentoo, Debian etc handle it.

Also I have tried to define cases, where Fedora needs to handle it in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WhyUpstream

This does include both your main points.

Rahul