rsibreak causes kde 4.2 updates to fail from F10 updates testing

stan eiqep_eiwo_y at cox.net
Sat Feb 7 19:04:10 UTC 2009

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 10:09:37 -0700, stan wrote:
>
>> I haven't done the install yet, but this should probably fix things after I put it in the local packages directory so
>> yum can find it.
>>
>> /var/cache/yum/updates/packages for anyone reading along.
>
> You shouldn't make up things that don't work. Yum doesn't care about
> packages in there unless they appear in the downloaded repository metadata.
>
> By placing unsigned packages in that directory, you even increase the
> risk that once the signed copy is published in the updates-testing repo,
> the package download will run into problems.
>
> Either use "rpm -Uvh filename" to update a package manually, or do it like
> John5342 suggested.

Well, I came back to report that the above didn't work and saw your reply.  You are absolutely right.  It doesn't work.
  I had assumed that yum used the list of files to create the update list but that obviously isn't true.  It ignored the
file.  When I tried to update using the rpm -Uvh it wanted the dependency of libplasma.so.3.

As I said, I realize I could mess around and get this to work, but what kind of test is that?  I also didn't realize
that the koji package wasn't signed until it was released to updates-testing.  So rather than use John5M2's technique,
I'll just wait till it hits updates-testing.

Thanks everyone for your help.