F11: installation guide test plan

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 22:23:55 UTC 2009

Hi, guys. Just wanted to report to the list something I'll be working on
with David Nalley (ke4qqq on IRC).

He co-ordinates the writing of the Install Guide for Fedora. Building on
something that happened with F10, for F11 we are planning to do some
testing based on the Install Guide. The plan is basically to have a
draft of the Install Guide up around the time Beta 1 comes out. Then we
will communicate both here and on the forums, asking for people to help
test installation based on the Install Guide. The plan will be simply to
ask people to try and install F11B1, following the Install Guide
exactly. This is important to try and ensure that anyone installing F11
following the 'official' instructions has a smooth experience and
doesn't run into any bugs. The testing will also likely help to improve
and refine the Install Guide.

So, there's that :). Expect to see more on this around the time of
F11B1's release. If anyone would like to help out on this, please let me
or David know. Thanks!
--
adamw