Re: dependencies running wild again

Tom Lane (tgl redhat com) said:
> That's hardly an improvement... mysql-embedded is huge too, in fact
> really bigger because almost nothing else is going to bring it in.
> So that's umpteen meg to download for no other purpose than amarok.
>
> The nearby comments about plugins seem relevant here: ideally, the
> packager of amarok shouldn't be forcing a particular choice of database
> on users.

Yes, but then you have a dialog on startup that says:

 What database would you like to use with this program? [*]

 [ ] MySQL
 [ ] Sqlite
 [ ] Berkeley DB
 [ ] PostgreSQL

How is that an improvement for the user experience?

Bill

[*] I don't recall whether it was Amarok, but I distinctly remember a KDE
    app with this dialog