Rawhide: kernel & Yumex

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 14:19:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009, Jerry Amundson wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:
>> How do I explain that "supports it" bit to "regular users"?  Or
>> anaconda will be smart enough to do that _reliably_ during upgrades
>> and/or installations?
>
> Or yum during updates?

It would certainly be nice if yum handled this change sensibly, but I
don't think there is a requirement for it to work, because the only
supported means of upgrading from Fedora version to Fedora version is via
the anaconda installation process. Changes within alphas and betas are
only relevant if they reflect problems that will occur in supported
upgrades between full Fedora versions.
However if yum can't handle the update, then the issue should certainly be
mentioned in the release notes (the kernel change should probably be
mentioned anyway).

 	Michael Young