Re: dependencies running wild again

On Saturday 14 February 2009 01:01:35 am Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > This only shows that my initial reaction was waaay too mild.  Try
> > 'yum remove mysql' and watch what happens.
>
> mysql is the client lib, of course a lot of stuff depends on that.
>
> But yes, you can't remove mysql-server without removing KDE.

This is madness. The dependencies pull in mysql server, but yet its not
chkconfig'ed to actually run. So what gives? Why force a new server to
install on a stable release? And then after forcing it onto people's
machines, its not even used?

Changes like this belong on rawhide, not F-9 stable.

-Steve