Re: Rawhide: kernel & Yumex

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, seth vidal wrote:

tested it on a kvm.

yum update brings in the kernel.i586 just fine

yum install kernel also brings it in.

not entirely surprisingly but a little confusingly:

 yum update kernel does not do it - I think I know why and the only
nice way to fix it is to special-case the kernel.

Yum isn't updating my kernel.i686 to a kernel.i586 package. I do have kernel-PAE, kernel-headers and kernel-firmware up to date which might be a factor, but yum doesn't think the kernel.i686 package needs updating.

	Michael Young