Release-critical bug process?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 03:53:02 UTC 2009

> Christopher Beland wrote:
> > Perhaps it would be advantageous for BugZappers to have a goal of
> > triaging all bugs marked "urgent" in Bugzilla relatively quickly.  This
> > is the easiest way for bug reporters to flag possible blockers,
> > especially the inexperienced and those who only have Bugzilla accounts.
> > (It also provides quicker help to the people who are most upset about
> > the bug they have reported.)  There are currently 116 "urgent" bugs in
> > the "NEW" state, though only 11 are in Rawhide.
>
> Unfortunately, what the reporter considers "urgent" is often not what we
> consider urgent.

True, but it's better than a kick in the teeth. Remember we're talking
about using it as a cue for triagers, not for developers. Even though
reporters sometimes just have an overinflated sense of the importance of
their own bug, it's _generally_ not a bad idea for triagers to at least
take a look at bugs that reporters have categorized highly before
looking at others.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey