Re: No deadline I/O scheduler for 2.6.29-0.137.rc5.git4.fc11

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 14:12:33 -0500,
  Dave Jones <davej redhat com> wrote:

> The module exists, but nothing loads it by default.
>
> in rc.local or wherever you have it set up to use deadline, you also need
> to modprobe deadline-iosched.

It looks like using the kernel param doesn't work for devices which exist
before the module is loaded. So I put the following in /etc/rc.local to
cover them. (deadline did get used for a usb device I put in after the
deadline-iosched was loaded.)

modprobe deadline-iosched
for device in /sys/block/*/queue/scheduler;do echo "deadline" >> ${device};done