RawhideBlocker [was Re: QA group activities + goals discussion]

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 20 21:27:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:51:19 -0800,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> No, you don't. It's a test system. You blow it away and re-install, if
> you don't know how to fix it.

Not if you want me to actually use it for day to day stuff. I suppose there
are some people that could work that way, but personally I don't have a lot of
reason to use a test machine if I am not doing real stuff.

I run rawhide when I want something out of it. Currently that is because
I need to test building the games spin and to a lesser extent test the ATI
video driver / KMS changes.

In the past I have had other things I wanted to make sure would work in the
released version and used rawhide to help make sure that happened.

I think you have to give people a reason to want to use rawhide if you want
to expand its use.