Where has the F10 DVD iso file gone?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 2 22:05:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 15:44 -0600, Jerry Amundson wrote:

> Oh puuuhlease! The "extra work" card? Bzzt, try again.
> Run the script, send the announcement e-mail. It's not like we're
> asking for someone to walk ten miles, uphill, to hand deliver a respin
> DVD.
> As I mentioned earlier, if it were *really* that difficult, the
> snapshot releases shouldn't happen either.

Do you really not have any idea how much work gets put into the snapshot
releases?  Let alone something that wouldn't be "snapshot, if it breaks,
you keep the pieces" quality, but instead something high enough quality
to put the Fedora name and official release stamp on it.

You seriously seriously underestimate the amount of work that goes into
these things, particularly the QA side.

Lets not even talk about how many of the tools that Anaconda uses to
install systems change within a release enough to require modifications
to Anaconda to work with the new versions.

There is a good reason why the "Fedora Project" doesn't spend time on
respins.  6 months is a very short cycle between major releases,
especially when you consider all the developmental releases done from
Rawhide.  Adding more compose targets to that mix greatly stretches the
already small handful of volunteers and employees who spend their time
trying to make these things show up, try to improve the software used
for making them, and try to improve the software used for building and
testing Fedora.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!