Where has the F10 DVD iso file gone?

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Fri Jan 2 22:41:01 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jesse Keating-3 wrote:

[...]
> > The Fedora Project, that you're not asking to do any extra work?  Ok.

> Based on the information posted earlier in this thread, and after doing a
> little reading, I thought I would try my hand at building a new updated iso
> for the i386 DVD install for F10 to see how much work it really
> involves....

Creating the image is rather easy; checking that it doesn't break badly or
has any other undesired side effects, repeating the above for all supported
architectures, shipping them out to mirrors (and getting mirrors to agree
on carrying more large files) is where the real work is. Plus the risk of
giving Fedora a bad name with a busted respin. Just check how long it takes
to move from the first images to the images finally shipped on release.
Sure, for a respin the work would be somewhat less (much less brand-new
contents), but still.

Besides, there is Fedora Unity... why do a job others have already
volunteered to do?
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513