F10 and Intel 82845/82945 graphics install and run

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 22:12:57 UTC 2009

I have seen quite a lot of bugzilla reports concerning graphical install as
well as running X issues with 82845, and some 82945, graphics chipsets, and
some reports go back to F8 days and seem were never resolved even up to F10.

I have two machines (one with each of these chipsets) and need to update
them to F10 using a clean install.  On one machine (which has 82845G) the
graphical install failed as soon as the graphical part of the boot started
during an install attempt earlier today.

Does anyone have a workaround to get machines with these graphics chipsets
installed?  By the way I used a home-spun re-spin of the DVD iso for the
install that includes all updates to 3rd January 09. I have not seen any
further updates appear since that time so this is as up to date as I can
find at the moment.

The problem appears to be in the newer xorg-x11-drv-i810 driver so any
information about progress in this direction would be appreciated.