selinux adventures/troubles

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Jan 7 02:27:36 UTC 2009

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 09:15:25AM -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>>> I do not think that this happens consistently across installations
>>> and so far I do not see any rhyme or reason.  On another box you may
>>> not even notice that something is amiss
>>>
>> Can you execute
>>
>> yum reinstall selinux-policy-targeted
>>
> Sure ...
>> and tell me if it gives you any errors?
>
> No errors or any other complaints at all.
>
> Removed:
>   selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 0:3.5.13-34.fc10
>
> Installed:
>   selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 0:3.5.13-34.fc10
>
> Complete!
>
> There is also no change in a behaviour AFAICS.
>
> BTW - today I was moving another machine with an active selinux
> through the same F8->F10 procedure. So far it looks like that this
> one got away completely unscathed.  Nothing was really done
> differently in this case.  Does results depend on a sign of Zodiac?

I ran into a similar issue (F8 upgrade to F10).  My method of fixing it:

	(Boot up)
	# setenforce permissive
	# yum -y update selinux-policy-targeted (just in case)
	# touch /.autorelabel
	# reboot
	(wait for the relabel to take effect...could take a while)

Voila!
- If at first you don't succeed, quit. No sense being a damned fool! -