Updating the "Version" field in bugzilla

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Thu Jan 22 15:56:54 UTC 2009

Chuck Anderson wrote, On 01/22/2009 10:19 AM:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:23:50PM +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
>> On 2009-01-21, 15:59 GMT, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>> You can also clone the bug and have one for each version.
>> Please, don't -- we have enough duplicate bugs without cloning.
>
> Can we please add a feature to bugzilla to tag a bug with multiple
> versions then?  That is the correct solution to this problem.

Sounds like a reasonable idea to me, but I would suggest that if that is done,
then you also need to have multiple closed tags.

That is:
The multiple version bug can be closed for each version that it is tagged for
existing in, but the overall bug can not be closed until each version is
tagged closed.

--
Todd Denniston