Can rawhide be more bleeding edge? (e.g. kdepim)

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 03:46:35 UTC 2009

Given, rawhide already lives up to it's reputation for most packages.
But can it go even further for the source already included within it?
The nitty-gritty question:
Is there policy, or guide of some kind, for the enabling of disabled
upstream code in rawhide?

Specific example: a dozen-line patch in kdepim's akonadi will enable
the openchange resource. As long as it doesn't "break stuff" it's a
win-win, right?
Enable the feature, people will test it. [ahem, especially since
evolution-mapi for me is barely usable. I might research the bugs
later, just not a priority now.]

Brad just presented at LCA[0] so additional interest is bound to pop
up! No, seriously... :-)
[smiley only because I wish I'd been there. /me here in frozen
Minnesota. And I don't know Brad at all - it's just easier to use the
first name, and I happen to be interested in what he develops.]

jerry

[0] http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3850